Monday, September 10, 2007

Cologne, Germany

I spent the weekend in Cologne, Germany visiting Natascha who I met in July when we did our Shamrocker tour of Ireland.

Natascha and her boyfriend Sven were my personal tour guides and showed me the sights of Cologne - Cologne Cathedral, Old Town, Beer Halls, Cologne Observation Tower, Shopping district, Rhine River, Cologne Carnival Museum, Chocolate Museum etc.

We took a day trip out to Bonn, nearby University town where we visited Beethoven's birthplace and took a lovely walk along the Rhine River.

A lovely weekend away and a nice chance to experience more of Germany. Sampled the local beer, wine, tried lots of different breads, had a great goulash on Friday night at a local beer hall and Sven's friend Ryann cooked for us on Saturday night his special '13' dish :) I can even say that I have attended a German history lesson in a local German school ... Natascha is a training college teacher so I accompanied her to school on Friday morning and sat in on her teaching her history class. Couldn't understand a word of it but sat at the back of the class room and watched!

No comments: